Thursday, November 20, 2014

When life is a cycle, the mind wonders


-picture taken in a restaurant between Atlantic City and New York, 2012- 

I have started working for almost 4 months. Getting to know how others work and trying to adapt to the working culture, I think I have a good start. For me, my work life is not as tiring and intense as my student life which is something I thought I will be happy with or at least satisfied with...until I realized that most of the fun is taken away as well.

Like it or not, I am starting to miss my life in Michigan. Even though I have to juggle between studies, projects, time with family (on Skype) in the weekends and my social life, my days were filled with excitement, anxiety, stress and discovery. Everyday is unlike the other. At that point of time, I didn't really like it because I could not be certain of what could happen next...but after having to work and knowing that my life is filled with the same cycle everyday, I realized that I didn't like it either.. In that case, I can only agree to the statement, "we just have to feel it, to know it".

I guess it is sort of a trade off (fun and stress vs. mundane and content). Work, work, work. There is really nothing much to look forward to besides lunch time and getting off work unless there is something interesting going on in work. Life goes on.. no complains, just thoughts :)

No comments: