Saturday, February 9, 2013

新年快乐! 恭喜发财!

Just had this China Week in class which explains the song, Mo Li Hua in my previous post. However, I have to admit that I learnt a lot more about my Chinese roots. Don't get me wrong, I still see myself as a Malaysian but knowing more about my ancestors' culture have taught me something that I have not been exposed to before. The more I think of it, the more I believe that it is never too late to learn something. Just because I did not go to a Chinese school when I was younger, that does not mean that I can not learn Chinese now. Now, here is something to look at.. my hand-written calligraphy! Just so you know, it's my name written all over it and the character 'fu' for good fortune. They are poorly written but still, it is my first time. And looking at it now surely reminds me of CNY!

I wished I could be around for CNY but oh well...it's ok, I am sure my sister will collect all of my angpows for me. :P
Thanks, Ching! 

By the way, Happy Chinese New Year and Happy Holidays to everyone! :)



3 comments:

generalist said...

Nice, Ma Lao Shi will be proud.

Patricia said...

u shall translate anything written in chinese to me next time! :P

Pauline said...

@cl: Happy CNY!
@pat: i will try my best..no guarantees. :P