Friday, January 10, 2014

Not 21 anymore.

Here comes the day of the year whereby my sister and I celebrate our birthdays once again. Honestly, sometimes I think that I am 21 even though I am two years older now! Knowing that people still mistaken me for a 15 year old here makes me wonder if I should be sad or happy..lol. This really took place and it just happened 3 weeks ago.

I am happy and grateful for everything that I have today. Last year ended quite sad for my family with my grandpa's death 3 days before Christmas. So this new year begins with a lot of self reflection and concerns of what's going in the family for me. And since my brithday is very close to the new year, I wasn't looking forward as to celebrating it but more towards connecting back to those who are close to me especially my family.

I had also came to my senses to accept that I am older now and partially it wasn't because of my age. It partially due to the fact that I don't have any grandparents now and that made me realized that time will continue to tick and I have to catch up with it.

No comments: