Friday, March 7, 2014

How it all started

To think of it now, I started this blog years ago, almost 4 years if I am not wrong. I started it off so that I can write my own opinions on anything around me but mostly, updates on my life..but as you can see, it is not working as how I envisioned it to be..and now, it got me thinking what it is supposed to be then?

I used to see this blog as a platform for my sister and I to voice out our opinions and talk about things around us since we were very VERY shy people. We weren't the most extrovert people you know. Honestly, we might even be considered boring and naive people when it comes to a lot of things such as the best books to read, fun things to do around friends, talking to people who we know but aren't that close with...and the list goes on. Because of that, we choose to be quiet..very quiet to the point where other parents think that we are the "goody" kids..haha. Yes, we were those kids who wanted to play with the other kids so badly but both of us were too afraid that we choose to sit on the couch quietly together. Unlike other kids who chose to run around the house and break the rules, we followed the rules and dare not break any of them.

As we grew older, we took notice of things like making friendly talks to people, entertaining other people by responding to them and starting conversations with people around us. We weren't good at all these and mostly, the both of us would even take turns since we are always around each other. The world seemed to be bigger than we knew it and we realized that we had to break out from our comfort zone (being together all the time).

Around the time when this blog started, my sister and I had the chance to break apart from one another. I wasn't used to it at all when we went separate ways. I guess we both realized that it is nice to have someone around all the time even though it might be boring because everything we talked about is more or less the same thing..haha. However, it is different now, we have our own stories to tell and we often looked back to those times. We don't even talked to one another all the time anymore. So, this blog turned to be our secret hide out..haha...shhh..

This blog started off with me being the active one and it slowly turns to be ours and now, my sister is the active one. By active, I mean the blog posts that are posted...;p It is funny to think of things you initially started and how it has turned out to be now.


2 comments:

Patricia said...

The quiet ones. Lol. I'll let you be the active one! ;p

Pauline said...

haha..you ain't that passive anymore alright.