Saturday, June 21, 2014

It's time

Finally, I have completed my last class in UMich and the next phase is about to come. Work. Thinking of it makes me feel old and knowing about it makes me emotional. Well, move on is what I am about to do. The past 4 years living away from home have been one of the most exciting part of my life so far. When I think of myself today and compare it with myself in freshman year, I know I am a different person.

A lot of my opinions, beliefs and principles in life have somewhat been altered and changed. I used to be conservative in many things and reluctant to try new things but now, trying something new is not intimidating to me anymore. I think this has got to do with the people around me, those who were adventurous, loud and convincing. I have to admit that you would need to have these people around to spice up the situation and making it closer to having a fun time.

I have learned to loosen up a little and be less rigid. Make more effort to know people and get myself out of the comfort bubble. It is hard at first and probably, confusing at times when things that happened conflict with my beliefs or principles. You know you might think it is easy to adapt because you know the culture due to media exposure but in reality, it is very different. As time passes, it gets better and easier to accept and slowly, it becomes a norm. Somehow, I think I have learned to accept differences and try not to be judgmental about them.

There are some choices that I have made did not turn out to be the best one. I might have regretted and was upset about them for a while. Choices definitely affect whether times are good or bad but eventually, they will turn out okay and hopefully, for the better.

I wouldn't want to change one thing ever since I came to the states. I am proud of myself to have made it this far! :)