Monday, October 21, 2013

About Warm Bodies

A picture which was taken randomly by Madhaavi when I busy searching for the lab results for my case. She was bored waiting for me already.

Nope. I'm not talking about any medical stuff in this post although I can somehow relate to something medically related. It's about a movie called Warm Bodies, which I watched recently. It's about a zombie who fell in love with a girl and ate her boyfriend's brains. It was kinda expected that they would have ended up being together but that would also mean that she fell in love with her boyfriend's murderer. Lol.

It turns out that the zombies became more human and were cured when they could start to feel and dream. (corpse can't feel or dream) Interesting much. I kinda like the idea of the zombies craving for human brains because it's the closest thing that they could feel like a human again. They could re-experience the memories of that person. These zombies had no trace of their own memories since they were infected so they sort of like the idea of having feelings I guess.

Sometimes in life, it's better off being emotionless like zombies so we don't feel pain and sadness. But when we lose it, we start to appreciate the existence of it. Apart from the negative feelings, we will still have the brighter side of emotions which we all like to have.

Looking at sick patients in wards everyday and recently knowing that one of my course mates was diagnosed with a disease that's unimaginable, made me realise that we are all still humans and that we all stand a chance in developing a disease out of nowhere at anytime. Appreciate what we have today perhaps regardless of good or bad experiences we are facing today. :)

No comments: