Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Attitudes of Amazing Achievers


A few days back, I have just read a book 'Attitudes of Amazing Achievers' by Philip Baker. I think I did not make the wrong choice for reading it. This book has surely gave me an insight about what I need in order to make myself feel like I am an achiever and most importantly to be like an achiever!

Okay..I think I better get started already. Attitudes define our perspectives. This is true. There will always be sunshine and rain. Some of us(that inculdes me) might hate the rain as it gets us wet and it makes travelling much harder for the most of us. However, the farmers like the rain because it helps them to water their crops. Well, it is us who decide whether to like it or hate it. Eventually, it is us who determine whether rain is a bad or a good thing. If we look at things in others perspectives, we might feel a whole lot better!

Do losers win? I think that this very much applies to me and maybe a whole of people out there. Recently, I have received my TOEFL scores and today, my SAT scores. As I have expected I did not score well. I felt like an idiot who thinks she studies but didn't score. I feel crappy,shitty,angry,...(this would go on forever if I don't make myself feel better). I regretted for not trying harder. Yea, I must admit that I was rather upset about my results. However, to think of the good side of it, I actually know where I stood now. I know where my weaknesses lie and I have learned to accept that I have done my very best and this is me! I am grateful because I have another chance to redeem myself. So, I don't think that I have lost! Although being a loser, I have gain something valuable-self realisation and self acceptance.

Many would say that giving is receiving. It has some truth in it. If a little girl gives 10 cents from her pocket money to the beggar, it might not seemed to be very valuable. The beggar would most probably gave her a smile and thanked her. However for the little girl, she feels that she has helped the beggar and to see the smile painted across his face meant a lot for her. As little as 10 cents is a lot for her because it is her pocket money. She may not be able to help the beggar all the time but at least she has make a day out from the beggar's life.

So are you an achiever? Seriously, it depends on how you look at things. Lastly, things aren't always as bad as they always look.
Lesson: If we look deeper, we might have gain something from them..something much more valuable than triumph! =)

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Good attitude! Keep up! Never give up!

Little girl with Big dreams said...

I will surely try to keep it up! =)