Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Crying?


Is crying a sign of breaking down? Does crying signifies a weakness? Or does it tells you that you are just being too emotional?

Crying may seem embarrassing and humiliating to most of us. At first, I have the same thought towards crying but now, I looked at it as a sign of regaining my satisfaction. This is because I think that crying is a sign of accepting reality-no matter how harsh or bitter it may be. Crying certainly alleviates one's emotion and well being.

People cry for many many reasons and surely everyone has their breaking point.

My grandma had passed away last year. As predicted, most of us cry for her lost, for not being to see her again, talk to her and express our love for her. I was despondent. I regretted for not spending more time with her or making any initiatives to talk to her..Right now, when I think of it, I know that crying would not have change any bit of it. What has been done is done. I can't do anything for her now..However, every time when I stood in front of the altar, I would promise her that I would try my best in everything I do, hope that she would always rest in peace and thanked her for everything EVERYTHING that she had done for me and my family..If I could turn back time, I will hug her tightly and tell her that, 'I love you!'.

Do you know what it feels like having someone really REALLY close to you being apart from you? I surely know that feeling...Being born as a twin myself, I used to think it was unique but sometimes I have a thought that being a twin means that I do not have my individuality because people tend to treat twins as the same individual. I used to hate wearing the same clothes like my sister and sharing the same toys with her..but now, I missed it sooo much and I would not mind doing it again!

She is my best friend, my close friend and my sister! Now, we have went separate paths in our lives. Good bye to all the sweet moments that we used to have with one another throughout our entire lives! I cried at the point when I knew that I have to eventually let her go...letting her go is similar to ripping a part of me out from my body and soul. Even she had cried. It is of no surprise because we spent practically our whole entire years together.

That point of time I realised that if it is for the better than maybe I should just accept that truth that she is going. Soon, I realised that crying certainly won't change a damn thing. No matter how much of tears we shed or how much of time we spent on crying, the reality is REALITY!
We just gotta move on with our lives. And crying surely is not a weakness. Crying is the first step for us to accept the truth.

2 comments:

Iswari said...

no matter what,life goes on...whether we are sad or happy, time passes by...so we just have to move on...

Patricia said...

nice one.. so sweet! just bear in mind nothing comes easy in life. accept it and learn to love it! :)