Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Go Blue!

I was doing my webwork earlier and as expected, I did not manage to finish all of them..this time is the worst of all, I have two questions unanswered. I guess I have to start earlier next time. I was just too tired to start during the weekend due to the muscle aches from the Mid West Games in Madison, Wisconsin.



Tha Capitol in Madison!

Well, I was very satisfied with our very own women soccer team and even more proud to be a part of this amazing team! We did not win any medal but we managed to play in the semi-finals. I am not very good in sports..especially when it comes to moving my legs..I am pretty sure that I am more of a hand person. Because of that, I have almost jeopardized my team with two penalties. I felt the fear of disappointing my whole team and I prayed so hard that Izyan (our goal keeper and our captain as well) would be able to catch the ball. Thank God, she managed to clean up my mess!



The Wolverines! :)

The first two matches made me so scared..they had very strong attackers and strikers. Since, I was playing defense, I could feel the pressure. There was so many times in which I have secretly wished that I was out of the field cheering along with the spectators but I know I can't be selfish. I have to give all I have just like the rest did. However, the last match against Purdue really got me fired up. They weren't as aggressive as the other two teams(Minnesota and Vanderbilt)..they are just like us. We managed to get a tie (thanks to Nuha who volunteered to play as the attacker and help us to score the goals). A little twist in the game plan did some good for our team. Unfortunately in the end, they have managed to score a goal in the extra play off time given. So, yea..we lost. Although some of us were injured like Zera and Syiqin and most of us were totally exhausted, I don't feel that we are at loss. Being that it was our first time competing in the Mid West for soccer, I was proud that we got into the semi-finals! We really had fun and we enjoyed the last match. It was a good one indeed! We even had time for taking a few nice shots with our t-shirts. Thanks to Anita for the awesome pictures.



Hopefully, we will be competing next year and when that time comes, it's our turn to shine! Go Blue!;)

By the way, we managed to paint our nails too. Just for the spirit..not to look good or anything. I would have taken them off way earlier if it was not for Michigan!



Credits to Ikha. :P