Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Drums



It was just like any other day when our parents were driving us back home from school. About 6 years ago, I think it was brother who had emphasized on the drummers once when we were listening to the songs played by hitz.fm in the car. Not that I have not noticed the drums playing but I have realized that I have not tried to only listen and pay attention to the drums playing. All those times when I was in the car, I have only put my focus listening to the vocalist singing while trying to grasp the lyrics, the guitar doing its thing or the piano playing as the start off for a song. I know my brother might not remember that he have once said that but ever since then, I sort of paid attention to all kinds of instruments played in the song and that explains why I listen to one song repeatedly..He said that he would be interested in playing drums if he had the chance to. I was wondering if I were to play any instrument, I wonder which instrument will I play best or have talent in? Piano or guitar? Nah, too ordinary although it's sweet and touchy. hmm...violin? Not really, it's just too elegant..flute or anything similar to it? nope..I think it will hurt. Drums? Hmm..too punky and I will create a chaos out of it. I will just stick to no instrument for the moment..lets just say that I am still searching for the right one.

I think drummers don't get much attention in the band..simply because they are usually placed at the back of the vocalist and guitarist due to the size of the drums and thus, making them as the back drop in music videos..That's my opinion at least. Plus, drums are just too loud..I don't know the exact reason for it but I have wondered why people were more amazed or touched when someone plays the piano or the guitar rather when someone plays the drums with all kind of beats..Maybe different instruments give different feelings or maybe there might be something else that I don't know of. The people who I know of usually play the piano or the guitar and also, parents who I knew send their small little kids to practice them but not many would actually want to send kids to learn drums except for one kid who is my friend's cousin..Drums are the biggest-sized ones and yet, they failed to get the major attention.Anyway, drums give loud beats which I think is cool for some reason. :)

By the way, enjoy the video on top. It's a drum cover for 'Pieces of Me' by Ashlee Simpson. Just try to listen to the drums and only the drums. :P

2 comments:

Patricia said...

drums are cool but i can't help paying attention to ashlee simpson singing! i think u are more of the drum person. loud :P

Pauline said...

like you are not loud now. you too then. :P