Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sophomore?

Yes, I will be officially a second-year university student soon! So soon that I'm starting to think whether I've really got what it takes to be one. I'll leave that for time to tell me. I don't know for sure if I'm ready for this new term. :S

Maybe I'm just reluctant to accept the fact that my holidays are gonna be over. I don't like the busy routine of a university student. Some people say that I don't get the taste of that sort of life because I live nearby. Yea probably, but it's not like I think life is really easy now. In other words, it's just not like the kind of life in school where things aren't so difficult.

I came across the article on student suicides in South Korea in the Star newspaper. The reason for this is the "obsession for academic success." I took the exact phrase they used in that article. Nowadays, students take their grades so seriously just because they hope to have a successful career later in life.

The question is whether there should be a change in the current education system. Probably it's time for students to realise that there are other stuffs in their lives besides assignments, exams and classes.

Afterall, what's life if there's no fun to it? But then again, can we enjoy our lives without a promising future ahead of us? Perhaps we should just take things moderately. :)

No comments: