Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy New Year & Happy 22nd Birthday!

Since my sister had posted several posts already and she is currently busy studying for her exam and I have not been updating anything about myself, I think it is my turn to update this blog of ours! :)

Well, it is 2013! Happy New Year! And Happy 22nd Birthday to my sis and I!  :)

As for my New Years, I was in Rome celebrating with a crowd of Italians. I was in Rome a few days before the New Years. So, I went to visit the Colosseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, and a lot of other historical places. On the last day of 2012, I went to Vatican City, it was a really LONG wait to get inside the church and the museum but it was worth it because you will be amazed with the artwork by famous artists once you get inside. Besides site seeing and visiting to places, I would not say that Rome is entirely 100% perfect. Even though I don't know Italian and got myself "conned" for a few things like "gladiators asked me for money for taking pictures" and paid for what they told you at first "free flowers", other than those, nothing big nor serious happened. I was lucky enough that I did not lose my passport, handphone and money. At least now I know to never trust any random people even if they wanted to give me free things and because of that, I was not "conned" in Paris. I was quite happy for that. So, when you ever EVER go to places in Europe and people start being nice to you at first, think for a minute and start by declining them because for most of the time, they will try to get some money from you once you stop and listen to what they have to say to you.

Anyhow, I would still advice you to go there. Just make sure that you don't trust people easily and beware of pickpockets especially when you are in a crowded place. After the New Years celebration, when everyone was trying to get out, I was pick pocketed three times. Just so you know, even though there wasn't anything in my pockets, this could easily be a disaster to just anyone.

Despite those things, I enjoyed myself and definitely learnt a lot about the places I went to. Honestly, I have lost count of how many churches, Bassicillas and cathedrals I visited, I am not even sure if they are all the same and I have yet to google them to know the differences among them but each and every one of them never fail to amaze me everytime. They are all so beautifully decorated and built.

Alright, I guess it is time for me to get back to studying my very first quiz for the semester. Byeee! :)

No comments: