Friday, December 10, 2010

Art strikes again!

Weeks back, I went for the pottery painting in the Ann Arbor Art Center which was organised by WISE(Women in Science and Enineering) club. Although I had to walk out in the cold for about 10 to 20 minutes just to get there, it was worth. I didn't think much when I had the bowl in my hand. All I had in mind was stick to simple shapes. Eventually, I have ended up drawing hearts and I took a variety of colors but I have ended up with three colors. It was a waste but I had no choice because I can't have more than one bowl. :(

Painting the bowl reminds me of those schooling times..It has certainly brought me back to those moments where I was having my art classes, being a part of the decoration team for so SO SO many events, painting banners, painting mural, designing the first-ever shirt for the prefectorial board and also, making the decorative household things in kemahiran hidup classes. aaawwww....how I had wished that I could travel back time and re-doing all of these for one more time!

I didn't get to do much of these in UNITEN though..In the first semester, I only got to decorate the FARMERS' FAMOUS booth..That was a really memorable experience being that it was the very FIRST project that all the Sime Darbians scholars got to work together. Although the project was not completed...hahahaha.. I would not trade that experience for anything else.(^.^)I was involved in the decoration team for the KOR UNITEN GRADUATION DAY. Eventhough, it was close to the finals..we didn't bother much because we had to do it anyways. I kinda enjoyed it.

That's all I guess..Okay, this is a pretty long post..I better not spend too much time here..I have FINALS coming in a few days!!! GOSH!! :(

Here are some pictures of my-very-own-painted-bowl!





I know the first picture above is ugly..HAHAHA..too bad..time had been the limiting factor..The red paint didn't turned out as red as I wanted it to be because it looks more like orange to me. Regretted for not putting in more layers. I was happy that it turned out "okay"..some parts of the bowl were not so nice but it's free. So, no complains. XD

3 comments:

jityang said...

o.0 so tats the bowl...hahaha :D

Pauline said...

yup that is the bowl! :D

Patricia said...

i miss doing art stuffs too! ur bowl didnt turn out nicely? :P.. good effort though! i havent tried pottery before. lol. good luck again for ur exams! :D