Friday, February 18, 2011

Learning hurts

I have always thought that there is a limit to one's capability to learn something. Let it be a language, subject or skill. When you have reach it, you cannot get any further than that level. That is you and you are never going to pass that line because you will not be you anymore if you have passed it. You have maximized what you are capable of and that is enough for you..accept it.

I am wrong to even have that perception in mind. I should not doubt capability. There is just no limit to it. Why am I even thinking that I wont be able to do something when people around me seemed like they are just doing it right somehow? I can tell that I am just in a situation where I don't want to pay the price of the dress. The dress is so beautiful and I know that I want it because I think it looks good on me but I don't want to pay for it.

Once I have thought that cooking was impossible. Well, at least for me. To cook everyday was like a "No, No" to me but now, it is like a norm for me. I cook for most of my meals everyday! Yes, everyday! What I am trying to imply is that nothing is impossible because it is just our mental state that tells us that "Stop, I am done with it!" Of course, to learn something, you gotta pay the price for it and be patient. Once, you have done a mistake, it can be fixed and be taken as a lesson even if it is going to be painful. I have learnt that I cannot start putting the oil in the pan while there there are still some water in it, onions can help to reduce oil in food, steam cooks faster at times, use the rice cooker to save time, minced garlic is less of a hassle than fresh garlic, etc. Despite all of my lessons, I got some burns on my hands and yet, I am glad to say that "I can cook!"

No, I am not a victim of being abused but I am a victim of my own carelessness and stupidity in cooking.







Sharing some of my faillures in cooking:




Pictures above are just meant for laughs. :)

8 comments:

xinhui aka potato aka phoena said...

you cook! pro weyh! seriously! =)
it doesn'd matter to get some burns. at least, you learn something from it!
once, that was a big No for me to enter the kitchen but now.. haha.. i love cooking!
pauline, post some cooking photos here! =D

Iswari said...

totally agree. it's getting obvious every day that there is no limit in anything we can do :)

Pauline said...

potato: thanks! i m not pro, really..hahaha. good that you love cooking! I will try to post! no worries. :D

iswari: yea, i have change my thought to motivate myself. :)

Monkey De Ace said...

GUD effort there! try more variety n den get less burnt...XP

Pauline said...

hahaha! Thanks! just so you know that the jelly turned out to be semi-watery and as for the so called "baked chicken" had turned out to be tasteless. i m not kidding. my cooking can turn out to be horrendous. :/

jityang said...

the JELLY!!

Pauline said...

yea the pathetic failed jelly..haha

Patricia said...

aww.. ptiy u! i see u are getting better in cooking. good! tc ya <3