Thursday, February 10, 2011

One after another

When I just got to know about something that had turned me down or failed me, another thing that is similar came by. It has been like that for the past few days. It's like I get things when I don't expect. When I hope for something to happen, that something won't take place but another thing that was pretty much the same will take place instead. The "same" here meaning that I don't mind settling with it or a much better explaination is that I am satisfied with it as well.

As for yesterday, I went for the office hours for my programming subject for the exam, I saw my GSI and another IA who have been helping me out for the past few projects. I went and seeked help from my GSI fearing that he might not like it if I do not ask him instead. So, I went to him. He was helpful when I approached him for the first time but as for the second time, he told me straight that he was about to leave in 2 seconds when in fact, he has 5 minutes left. The thing that made me doubted his willingness or sincerity to teach was when I saw him still sitting there doing his own thing like surfing the web. I have expected more of him, maybe. I won't take much of his time for just one question. I knew that he was blunt and brutal in lab but I didn't know that he would be like that for office hours as well. As I remembered that he once told a girl when she was asking too much, "Seriously, I don't give a shit about you for not finishing your lab work. As long as you turn up in class and leave when the class ends, I am fine with it".

When my GSI took off, I was still there sitting and studying. The IA was so nice that he actually came over and ask if I needed help before he left. Unlike my GSI, he tried to look at my question. Although he didn't managed to explain it much in depth, I respected him for trying to help me out. Upon leaving though, he had left his material on my table, I immediately took it and went to the stairs where he had went hoping to catch up with him. Lucky that, he realized it and he came back down from the stairs.

When I was about to leave the library though, I bumped into Zera's friend, David who is majoring in Computer Science. He too asked me if I needed any help for programming when he got to know that my exam the next day. He tried to help on the similar question but I guess I will take it as I just don't get it. When I was about to end that day, it was pretty late and one of my friends asked me why wasn't I asleep yet and after a few minutes, another friend of mine ask the exact question.

As for today, my day started with Chemistry and English. In English class, I got my short paper back and I did good in it. A few hours later, I got an email from my Chem GSI that he would be waiting for us to collect our report. I went to collect it and the grade wasn't that good. I think he is parsimony in terms of giving marks. For some reason, I felt like he was bias. Anyway, after my exam today, I got to know my project scores. I got my grades for one subject after another. It's like one after another as well like yesterday. Weird and creepy...

4 comments:

jityang said...

at least u did good in your english~~ take it easy. slowly u will improve. no doubt u will pass sd requirements.. hahaha :D enjoy studying! :P

Pauline said...

thanks, jit yang! Eventhough, it was just a short paper which is only 5%, it will help. Let's hope that the essay is good as well! :D

jityang said...

hahaha~~ the essay will be good... i got a strong feeling tat it will be very good :P but saying thanks it not sufficient enuf! i wan a treat! hahaha :D

Patricia said...

just try harder next time! dun give up :)