Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fresh start all over

On the 1st of August, something terrible had taken place and yes, it did involved me in a way. At around 3am in Ann Arbor or 3pm in Malaysia, my friends' house and also, previously owned by my seniors was caught on fire and the ironic thing is that it happened even before they were in the States. It involves me because I was their friend and also, my things were placed in their house temporarily while I went back for my summer break. Now, nothing can be salvaged and no good news about it were told. Hopes were just all we can wish for and there is practically nothing much for us to do but trying to fix it. I was shocked but truth to be told, I wasn't worried at all until these few days. Thinking that I have to go through all the packing and re-buying those things that I have. Trying to get help and call the insurance company to get a 10% coverage but I was told that it was cancelled. Adding to the initial shock, I was also feeling stupid that I didn't take notice of the cancellation of insurance until I called and then, I tried to search for all the documents that I have in my bag and found out that yes, indeed it was cancelled. Even if I had to learn it in the hard way which is to experience it myself, I was thinking that when would be the best time for it to occur if it's not for now. Not that I wished for it to occur but I was glad that it did not happened when I was there and only the clothes, household things, shoes and winter jackets were placed there. Lucky enough, I brought all my documents and electronic devices(well, except for the rice cooker). In a way, I kind of take it as a huge lesson and be more cautious. Rather than grieving over for the loss, I take it as an opportunity for a fresh start. To get stuffs that I only need and not all the other nonsense that I have used to own. It is frustrating to start the new semester in this way, honestly. All I can hope is that this is the worst that I will ever experienced again even though anything else much more worse would take place in the future. Who knows? Life is so unpredictable..

2 comments:

generalist said...

Sorry to hear bout the fire... It's good that you take it with an open heart.

Pauline said...

yea. sort of a bad luck..haha. anyway, life goes on. :)