Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Pioneer

It was on 15 December 2012. Finally it became a reality. Personally, an accomplishment for me. I never knew it was that difficult to start off something although I was well informed that it ain't gonna be easy. And soon, I knew lol. The process of making this real was not as smooth as I thought it would have been. Thank you to all who have helped to make this a successful event especially to my committee members and also to my seniors who trusted me on this (I bet they had sleepless nights too lol-sorry for the worries and troubles). The ups and downs were never ending. At one point, I doubted myself whether it would actually happen for real. Glad it did. :)

Being the pioneer wasn't easy but I always believe that there's the brighter side to everything. For me, it was for my juniors. People say we don't work for ourselves but we work for our children. Here it means I'm the parent instead (omg, I feel so much like a parent now. Yes, I can be very protective over people I care about lol). It may not be the right saying to depict what I really wanna say but the principle is the same.

I knew that I wasn't the best example or the best leader to be looked up upon but my intentions are clear. I failed to please everyone. I just like to get things done my way. I did try to keep my cool and learn to deal with things in a calmer manner. When I think back, I'd rather it to have this event than something else that's not gonna work. At least, I have the taste of it and soon I will need to guide my juniors on this.

It was a great feeling but definitely exhausting. In the end, what matters most was having people to enjoy on that day and gain something from it. Let's see how it goes next year. :)

No comments: