Monday, October 11, 2010

My Mum Says So

It is not Mothers' Day or any other special occassions but I just feel like writing this post. It is just because I think that it is important to acknowledge her, my dear Mummy for whatever she has done for me and my siblings, and of course our family. This picture was taken on 15th February 2010 when I was on a break during my matriculation studies, I think. Lol. All I know is that I was KL and I think this was taken in Pavilion. From left, Mum, me and Pauline. People often mistaken the three of us as sisters because my Mum looks kinda young for her age. ;D



As for this picture, it was taken recently when we were gonna send Pauline off to US. The date, 23rd August 2010, and it was on a Monday. I'm pretty sure I got the details right. A sad day indeed for my family, my Mum especially for being so protective over us all the time and now she has to finally let one of her kids go to an unknown place. She would no longer be able to look after Pauline then. I knew she was sad and probably the impact on her was even greater than mine when she watched Pauline leaving. She cried, my Dad too, maybe my brother did and me, oh well, definitely! Btw, in this picture from lleft, my brother, Mum and Pauline.


She is a career woman and I'm proud to say that she is a good-looking mum. I'm slightly taller than her but not slimmer than her though. She is very into her job and I mean it. She told me that she wanted to go all out in her career due to the fact that her age is limiting her to pursue longer. Before that, I never really understood why sometimes she wanted to work on weekends but now, I do.


I can't tell how a mother feels as I'm not one at this moment but I picture it as a very tough job. She is always worried for Pauline like whether she was doing okay in US, worried for my brother like what time he'll be back when he goes out late at night and whether he is safe outside and worried for me like whether I have enough cash to spend. Aww.. and she never realized that her list of tasks to be taken care of will go on and on forever.


She said it was okay for her to pick me every now and then from my college to home and vice versa. The thing is I feel bad when I do it quite often. It would have been easier for my parents if I were to just stay in college. I'm glad that she is not like other mums who would stress up their child for not doing well in exams. Even my Dad doesn't scold me for not performing.


She is also different as she kinda encourage my sis and I to socialize more as we are in this age of life. That's what she would have reasoned out when I asked why. Nevertheless, she wants us to be careful along the way. She just wants to know who our friends are.


I think she did a great job as a mother. She might not be like other housewives but she is a lady whom I salute most. Even though, I don't agree with some of the things she did but I know there's always a good reason behind her actions. Of course, I love her! <3


2 comments:

Pauline said...

aaawww....i actually felt a stab after reading this post..

i really really miss all of you back in malaysia! <3

Patricia said...

yea i sorta felt it so i decided to write this. miss u too! <3