Sunday, March 27, 2011

Don't be scared to start all over again


Just a few days ago, I had trouble making my essay longer. In order to meet the length of a 6 page essay, I have neglected about the true essence of writing. My thoughts and ideas were not organized at all. At one point, I really thought that I have lost it all. I thought writing was not my thing after all. It is not like writing was something that I was good at but I write to encourage myself to express in another way and also, to improve my writing. Because I was so scared to start all over again, I was stuck on the same paragraph for days.

Surprisingly, when I realized something in between when I was trying to get the string back into the pants(details weren't important). I know that my mum has taught me a technique of using the hair pin before but I can't remember how she did it. The string was stuck in the middle and I was trying to get it to the other end of the opening. Being the chicken me, I have not thought of taking the whole string out and start to put the string back like a needle through one of the opening to the other. I only did that when a friend of mine told me to take the string out. See..sometimes, you just have to start all over to end it fast and not waste time by being at where you are stuck at.

Writing should be taken seriously as a form of expression of thoughts in mind. It should not be a burden but it should be done willingly. If it ever becomes a headache to write, then you have lost it all. However, don't give up! Don't be afraid to start all over again even if you have done 3 pages or so! Start from brain storming again. Just write down your ideas. They don't have to be pretty or neat. Continue with expanding your thoughts and points. Then, start to get hold of yourself and write. Trust yourself and believe that you are right. I am sure you will produce something significant.

Sometimes, it is not about what you have done or how much of time you have spent on doing something. It is not about effort all the time. When you don't feel right about doing something, then do something else. Have faith in yourself and do it! Never be scared to start from scartch. :)

1 comment:

Patricia said...

yea dun give up! yay! u finished your essay. yea it is all about the feel and mood like how i managed to write 3 songs in one night! tell u when u are online XD