Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Life as it is?


I have never thought that I would get some of the things in my life that soon. A few of them still seem a little unreal to me. When I have chose to just keep myself quiet and not do anything extraordinary, life just keep giving me something to think of, something to hold on to, something to cherish and unfortunately, life also took away so many things that I have once liked so much that I have never thought that being away from them would make my life better. Life is just so interesting that it has given me the chance to meet many people as I go. Different people believe in different things. I think that this might have explained the different types of religion, principles in one-self and purposes in life. Am I someone who is religious? I am not ashamed to admit that I am not. I do not know a lot about Buddhism nor Taoism, that I will agree. I was not told, taught and never did I ever try to find out out about them. Maybe for me, living up to principles that I have in life is just enough to make me human. So, do I believe in God? Yes, I do. I pray every night before I sleep but I did not pray in any other ways that I think I was suppose to pray in. I do not read mantras or any form of prayer. All I do is just talk to Him in English. Yes, I do not speak in Hokkien or Cantonese when I pray. Maybe I did use a little mixture of Chinese and Malay for some words that I find more comfortable to use. Am I bad for not practicing my own religion or at least try to learn about it? What if I feel that I have the right to choose on what I should believe in? Or is life just like that for me? I just don't know the answer. As long as I feel good about my actions, I think I am good. Don't get me wrong. I still believe in God and I do not plan to change my religion. I have never thought of changing it, really. Just that I have some thoughts in mind that I felt like sharing them. :)

3 comments:

Aliff Ahmad said...

Practice what do you believe. God do always listen to prayers no matter what language you use. Dont lose faith towards God. He will always be there for us.

Pauline said...

hey, aliff! I do believe in God, No worries. just that I was wondering if I was wrong for not trying to know more about my own religion. Is it more important to have faith in God or practice my religion? Is religion the only way for us to believe in Him? This is just me thinking weirdly..haha. :P

Patricia said...

Lol. Just live your life and don't get into trouble. :)