Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Should I be ashamed?

I don't know why for some reason the weather was colder for the past few days. It has to be at least -10 degree celsius. I know it might not be wise to opt to study in the library being that I will have to walk a few blocks to get there but really, I can't get things done in my apartment. No matter how hard I have tried, my days were somehow more productive in the library.

Anyway, it is a little depressing being in the apartment alone when Zera is not around. Yes, it might be quite and probably, it is the most conducive place ever to study and stay focus but really, it's depressing. Plus, having the "dim yellow light" study lamp on the table and having the laptop as the only reliable source of entertainment and also, the source of everything to me such as my assignments and projects. I rather go out some where in which I don't feel so down and moody.

Ok..back to the main focus of this blog post..I was in the library doing the usual thing and it was already 1am. I knew it though. It was not surprising being in the library for such a long period of time since I am slow in doing just about everything especially when it comes to studies or anything related to it.

I headed for my friend's advice to take the "safety-route-back" which was the cab and the advantage of it was that it is free as long as the destination is within the campus area. I thought that it might be a good choice since it was so late and the freaking cold weather could have gotten me frozen for real. So, I have called for the cab and went in the cab. Some guy came in the cab after a few minutes. He was just like me, a passenger. He looked pretty decent and he gave me a smile when he came in. After a few minutes, he asked me where was I going back to and I told him the location of my apartment. Guess what? I have totally changed my mind towards the-decent-looking-guy I had in mind after that question.

that guy : Don't you feel ashamed taking the cab? It's just a few blocks away??
me : .............(I was annoyed but kept my mouth shut to avoid any trouble)
that guy : Seriously?? Don't you feel ashamed?
me : .............:I

That one question had kept me thinking that I should probably be ashamed of it and it did ruin my day. I will think twice before taking the cab for now.. Thanks to "that guy". :/

2 comments:

chan leong said...

Well, Nik is more productive in the library too. He says that our dorm is cursed...

No you should not be ashamed. In fact you should be proud and that whoever dude should be ashamed for saying that to you.

It's the middle of the night and it's cold and it's dark. What if you get stalked by some crazy guy, like him?

That guy is just being a douche. Maybe he's the 1 preying on you and got frustrated because you took the cab, so he can't do anything to harm you.

Pauline said...

cursed dorm? =.=!

HAHAHA! I don't think he is stalking me but anyway, thanks, cl.