Saturday, January 1, 2011

This is so 2010.

Another year has passed and here comes 2011. Last year, Ling did the new year post so I guess it should be my turn this year then. Lol. Anyway, she wouldn't have the time to do it because she is having fun in NYC. And me, stucked at home studying for another end module exam on Monday!

So what happened in 2010?

I was still in KMK until April. Had fun with my KMK family and friends while Ling was still studying in Uniten. My first birthday without Ling. She was still in the Sime Darby Camp on that day. During the last few weeks in KMK, I had dinner most of the time with Fiona and sometimes with the other sisters. On the last day in KMK, I was like one of the earliest to go back and I regretted as I didn't get to do all the things that I wanted to do. :(

Then, came the dormant phase of waiting for results. I don't remember doing anything that time except shopping and being at home. Had a few gatherings with KMK sisters and friends, I think. Lol. The next thing I remembered was getting into UKM where everything was really different. We all went separate ways. I still have Peh Ge and Allana here in UKM but we don't get to meet up often. Adeline, Yi Ting and Xuan Lin are so lucky to be together in the same faculty in UM while Fiona is the only one in UPM like Daphenie who is the only one in UNIMAS. Those in USM are EJ, Ying Sze and Hui Yi.

In UKM, I met amazing people. I managed to brush up my mandarin, I think. Well at least it was better than when I was first in KMK. I am still not so good though because I still ask my friends to translate for me when it gets really complicated. :P

While I was still in my first or second month in UKM, Ling went to Michigan. I still remember her reaction when she first got the offer to study there. Despite all the hardships she went through, it really paid off at the end of the day.

I also met up with my old friends a couple of times. I still remember the times we spent to make Ling that card. Thanks to Yeng, Debbie, Kah Wei, Julia, Prithi and Irina. It was really sweet of you all to come up with that idea. :)

There were ups and downs. I once broke into tears talking to Ling in a video call and so did Ling. No matter the distance, we still feel for each other. Twin thing? Haha.

Well it was not all about studying while I was in UKM, I got myself involved in debate. I know like wow right?! Who ever thought I could be a debater? Yea then I went for KDU IV and ROYALS. Woohoo! Honestly, I thought debate really thought me a lot of stuffs and changed me in some ways. For example, I have to care about things that I don't even wanna know last time. Lol.

Sweet, sour and bitter as Ling named this blog, it actually explains it all. I don't think I mentioned everything that happened in 2010 but it was really a nice year. Say hello to 2011!

2 comments:

Pauline said...

nice post for an ending and a new beginning! :D

Patricia said...

lol. i did it when i was so bored of studying already. :P