Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lee Chong Wei



I was disappointed that Lee Chong Wei lost in the Thomas Cup badminton tournament. But still, I am proud to be a Malaysian. I am not very into sports kind of a person but I kinda got into this badmintonn tournament all of a sudden. It was because of this match, I got this perspective that nothing is impossible in life.

Even when I watched him losing to Lin Dan in the Olympics back then, I had the same feeling. I was cheering for him all the way but he didn't win at the end. Sad but proud. For me, it will remain as a bitter sweet lesson for Malaysia.

Well, every soul in Malaysia was hoping that he would win the Thomas Cup. The stadium was filled with the locals. All shouting and screaming their lungs out. I wasn't there but I watched it on TV. I don't know whether I did hear that right but I think I heard them screaming out his name. Wow! That was the burning spirit of the Malaysians in the stadium. Every Malaysian regardless of the difference in their skin colour came together to cheer for Malaysia.

Indirectly, Lee Chong Wei has brought unity to the Malaysians. It was only for things like this, the people finally came together as one. Although he has lost in those games, it is undeniable that he is a great badminton player. After all, he is the No.1 badminton player! XD

It is all thanks to him that Malaysia could achieve such accomplishments. Hopefully, he will continue to make us proud in the future. He is still a hero to all Malaysians!


2 comments:

Pauline said...

i support chong wei but lin dan is cool too...hahaha..XD

Patricia said...

yea, i support chong wei too. And i know you are so into lin dan :P..hehe..