Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Toy vs Drink

Imagine that you are 4 years old and your mum tells you that you can pick anything in the mall for yourself, what will you want? Maybe most of us will run to the kids' department or more specifically the toy section to have a look and pick the best Hot Wheels car, Barbie doll or anything that seems attractive..

There were many times that my bro, my sis and I did that but there was one day that I remembered until today..that was the day that I made the other turn and that is I went to the food and beverages department instead. I chose a Vitagen drink over any toy that I could get that day. I could remember that I chose the purple one or the grape flavoured one..haha..my bro and my sis was shocked to see me choosing a Vitagen drink over any toy like what they have chose..they called me dumb and stupid at that point of time..My mum on the other hand said that my choice was a better one than theirs..Being proud that my mum praised me, I didn't change my mind by putting that tiny bottle of Vitagen back in its place. I took it and my mum paid for it.

After a few minutes, I had finished the drink but my siblings were playing with their toy. I watched them played and regretted for not getting a toy for myself. I thought that they were right after all for choosing something that last longer..unlike mine which last for just a moment..

When I think of it now, I felt like that choice of mine wasn't that bad after all. It will be my choice if I was older, wiser and more mature. Will I choose a toy over a drink today? NO. I will choose the Vitagen drink and not be ashamed of it. I will be satisfied and not regret for what I have chosen. I won't even have a second thought of choosing another thing if this happens to me again. Maybe today, I will choose to buy clothes, bags or shoes instead of any toy in that mall..XD

2 comments:

Patricia said...

a vitagen?? lol..XD

Pauline said...

yea, vitagen..just don't call me stupid..hahahahaha..:P