Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thank you, Sun!

Oh my god! I saw those white flakes on my skin. It has started-my skin started peeling off. I knew that I was going to face that anytime soon as I had got myself sunburned during the sports carnival a few days back. I was afraid that I would turn darker but I was redder and now, the worse has come. The period in which when the skin starts to peel off is no doubt my most hated period. I know it is a good thing to know that my skin is finally going to return to its original colour but I don’t like it. It look as though I was undergoing some transformation and believe me seeing patches of different colour tones in your skin is not as nice as you thought it would be. I don’t know if you will feel the way that I do unless you are a person who really cares about the outlook like me. I was dumb enough for not applying any sun block knowing that this might occur again. For me, presenting a good image gives a better edge in everything and everyone around me.

One thing is that the sunburn was worth as we had so much fun in the carnival and the experience of being in a team once again like I have used to in school was relived. Although this time it involved sports unlike those days in school where I was in the prefectorial board and the performances in schools, I could still feel the joy and togetherness being in a team again. Even though back then during my schooling days, I have only work with girls as I was in an all-girl-school, I still find working as a team is fun. The spirit of it is there and that I could tell. The sunburn was worth after all. Thinking of it that way makes me feel much better as well when I was looking at myself in the mirror.

I had much more severe sunburn when I had participated in the National Day in the age of 14. My skin was totally dry and my lips were affected. Like now, my skin did peeled off too but before this, it was not white flakes but it was greyish/black..haha..I felt like I was roasted or cooked. Back then was also worth, I guess. With all the running around, remembering the steps, gossiping, missing classes for 3 months, thinking that my friends and I would be on TV and meeting new people really add up to the fun at that point of time. I have to admit that this was worth as well. Although getting sunburned is bad for me, it does remind me a lot about many other things and fortunately, those things are good old memories. So, every bad has its good too! =D
*For those who got yourselves sunburned just like I have, just don’t let it get into you.*

3 comments:

generalist said...

Sunburn is bad. Many people are sunburned too except a few lucky ones.

But, its going to be over soon. Give it 3-4 days.

Pauline said...

yea..i am waiting.hahaha..XD
I wished I was one of the lucky ones at times though.

Patricia said...

hey pauline, u look fine k. dun worry so much!