Thursday, April 22, 2010

Can I choose?

For now, I managed to get 3 offers from the US universities (University of Michigan, University of California, Davis and University of California, Irvine) and 2 offers from the Australian universities (University of New South Wales and University of Queensland). I am still waiting for 3 more universities in Australia and one in Canada. The problem is that I want to continue my undergraduate studies in US and not in Australia or Canada but I did not manage to get any US universities in Sime Darby's list. My dad and some of my relatives prefer Australian universities than the US universities. In fact, they have told me this before when I first got this scholarship. At first, I just hope to get into any universities in Sime Darby's list disregarding of the country as long as I can further my education in the overseas but now, I have somehow felt like the US universities will suit me better and I will be happier there. I know I should be grateful being able to go the overseas but I think I have the choice to choose where I want to go. I have my rights too. Although the US universities that I got accepted into are not in the list, I still want to appeal for them. This is because deep down within myself, I know what I really want. I don't know if my choice or preference will be the right one but I am sure that at least, I will satisfy myself. Worse still if Sime Darby does not allow me to go the US, I will just settle for the Australia universities. I have the exact same feeling that I got this scholarship. The feeling that I hate and will bug me for quite sometime. I don't know because it is hard for me to tell what I really want. I am easily influenced by other people's opinions even though I hope I won't. I want to make a choice for myself and not others for this time if possible.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

don't worry. u can choose! :D

Pauline said...

If and only if I can choose..haha..XD