Thursday, April 15, 2010

So Long KMK!

I've finally finished my matriculation programme! Yay! But when the day finally comes.. it's not like I was so elated that I thought I would be. During the last few days in KMK, i felt awkward. I am not for sure what was the cause of it but I guessed it's simply because I just realised that going back didn't really matter so much like it used to be anymore.

I don't know why I've actually felt that way. I was always looking forward to return home every holidays and semester breaks. This time, it's odd. From then, I was for sure that KMK has became a part of me. I have to admit though.. Even though I hated the fact I got stucked here initially. For everyday, every passing minute and every passing seconds I spent in this place, my feelings for this place grew. As time passes, I slowly become fond of this place.

I still remember how sad I was when my parents walked out of my room and left me alone in KMK. I cried a few times during my first week in KMK. Nothing felt right at that point of time because it's so not like at home. Honestly, it was on the first day itself, I felt the heat in KMK. Competition is on, man! Wow, I know I am no match for these people because I know I am no super genius.

At first, I thought my life would be only about 'study-study-study' as I found myself like an average here. I really salute the top scorers, head prefects, athletes and whoever who was out of the ordinary here. Honestly, I found it tough to cope with the studies here. It's no longer like what I've been trough in secondary school. I wondered if I could pull it through this like last time. The answer slowly unfolds as time flies. I hope my efforts will pay off.

Despite feeling down and stressful here, I found the brighter side of KMK. Besides studying, there's actually a lot more to do in KMK. It was in this one year period of time, I made friends who I will definitely miss having them around after this. I became the elder sister among my the '10 sisters of KMK'. I had a chance to buck up on my mandarin as I was mixing with a lot of chinese-speaking friends. I saw a different side of life after meeting so many people from all walks of life. My mind and knowledge became broader as I learned to accept the differences.

Being in KMK was a great experience indeed. I bet I'm no longer the same old me. Well at least, maybe I'm still but not entirely. I like the times when I did crazy stuffs here. What on the world would actually make me play volleyball?! Yup! I didn't knew how I actually got myself to play volleyball. My team members and I were all amateurs. FYI: We only learned how to play volleyball for 3 days only! Of course I didn't expected much but I really wanted to give it my best shot! And guess what?! We actually won a game and..that was it. We even scored a zero for one of the games. Yikes!

The CNY celebration here was a blast. A lot of people turned up. The performances were great. I was glad that I could be part of the fan and ribbon dance. It was a tough time practising the dance for me. I saw the difference between the dance practice in my school and in KMK. Honestly, I had more fun doing the dance in my old school because we just wanted to have fun dancing. But here, I was pressurized because it gotta be perfect and nice on the real day. The fun moments I had was countable during the dance actually. Nevertheless, I wanna thank the people who taught me the dance :).. even though i did create a little commotion. I still think that we should all have fun rather than putting up sour faces when practising.

It was the first time I got the chance to feel what's like wearing a lab coat here! I was so excited but I feel no excitement at all doing lab reports except for some experiments which were really eye opening and unique, I shall say.. Being the clumsy girl as I am, I have broken a few apparatus. hehehe.. I will surely miss my lab partners for helping me making the experiments successful. The facilities of the lab here are far more advanced as to compared to my old school. That's really something I like about the labs here.

On the other hand, I met a lot of amazing people and some hard-to-forget individuals. I felt the warmth of having friends or should I say family whenever I thought of the 'mummy and the 10 sisters'. It really brought us together and most importantly we did a lot of stuffs together-celebrating birthdays, going outings, gossiping in a room, shared secrets, watching movies, eating together and the list goes on and on. Love them so much! To those who were willing to listen
to me and accompany me in times in need, thanks! And also to those who were caring towards me, thanks too! All of you are so sweet! If we ever meet again, I will definitely be so happy! To my dear lecturers, thanks for your guidance and the knowledge!

During the study week, I knew I was supposed to spend most of my time studying but yet I did take some break to hang out with my friends. I knew the times we had left to spend in KMK will soon come down to zero. So, without wanting to regret even for a little bit, I've made a promise to myself that I will do the things I 've always wanted to do. I did though but I didn't managed to accomplish some of the missions..sigh.. I just didn't have the guts to do it. Don't ask me what is it because it is something really stupid and silly and wanna keep this just to myself.

Anyway, staying in KMK really gave me a lot of memories. If I were to write down all of it.. It will be a never ending piece of work! On the last day in KMK, I was probably one of the earliest to leave. That was unexpected for me because I've really got no idea how my parents could possibly be so punctual! Sad and shocked.. The only adjectives I would used to describe the state of my mind at the time I heard that they were here in KMK already. With a lot of things to do in this very limited time. I made sure I met everyone who I wished to meet but I didn't manage to meet one important person. I went to search for her in her room but she was no where to be found. I knew she had her own stuffs to do to so I didn't wanna interrupt by calling her.

I only felt my tears when I started to walk away from my friends and when I got messages from some of my friends in the car. I really wanted to apologise for not being to stay a little longer. While in the journey back home, I couldn't help myself from thinking back those sweet memories I had in KMK. The I started to stare blankly outside. It was one moment when I felt like I wasn't thinking at all. The days were over. The only things left are memories. There's no turning back.

It will be memorable but I 'm afraid that I will start to forget the things there especially the people. Now that I wrote this, I don't think I will be able to forget. :D

4 comments:

Pauline said...

i want to know every bit that u didn't mention in this post..hahaha..XD

Ying Sze said...

pat...da jie....
sad la..u left kmk so early without saying goodbye....
anyway...looking forward to our first meet up..yay!!!

Kent Room said...

wa...first time seeing u blog...quite nice..but i need to read it with the help of dictionary...haha...=)

Patricia said...

pauline: will tell ya ;D
ying sze: sorry for not being able to stay longer. yup can't wait to see u all too! :D
kent room: yea i don't blog often actually. haha.. your blog is nice too :D