Saturday, April 24, 2010

A waste of time and space

Today, I went to the Immigration Centre of Malaysia to renew my passport. I admit that I didn't like the place at all because it doesn't look official. I mean everything was pretty confusing and the place was filled with people. When my dad and I first reached there, my dad dropped me off at the entrance while he went to park his car. He told me to get the ticket number. So, my objective was to get the ticket and line up. Being very lost myself, I told myself that all I need to do is to look at the sign boards and follow the intructions on them. Finally, I saw a board written 'tempat pangambilan tiket'. So, I went to the counter hoping to collect the ticket and was very shocked to see the number of people lining up. In order to get myself in the line, I went from the counter to the first place in which I got lost..haha. I felt a little dumb walking back to where I have started. Waiting for an hour just to get a ticket and waiting for another 2 hours to verify the documents were just a waste of time. I mean I saw that there were many counters( maybe about 40) there but only about 10 were operating. I was wondering what is the use of having so many counters when only about 10 will be operating at once. I felt like it was a waste for not utilizing the other counters. If all the counters were used, I am sure that things will be done very fast and people do not need to waste their time waiting for so long. Well, this similar situation happens in fast food restaurants especially in the morning. Only one counter will be open and everyone can only wait and waste their time again just to place their orders in that particular counter even though the waiters can actually open another counter to get the orders from the other customers. Plus, it is not like they don't have enough workers...haha..I am not blind..Seeing them chatting among themselves and laughing around just made me felt even more angry. Then, I realized that it happens in most places. Be it the immmigration centre, any fast food restaurants or any regular shops. Guess it is just the people after all isn't it? hahaha..XD

5 comments:

arika said...

so u did your passport already?? i can't do mine coz to get 150, you have to give the acceptance to the letter.. so i didn't do it.. kinda a waste of time..huhu

Pauline said...

yea..i did mine already..hehe..i just showed then the offer letter that i got frm unsw..i think u can do the same as well..XD

Pauline said...

*them

xinhui aka potato aka phoena said...

haiz.. typical malaysian working style.. waste most of the time in waiting. thats why malaysia cant improve.

Pauline said...

potato: i agree with u..thats my whole point in this post..hahaha..u hv read me, gal! =D