Monday, April 5, 2010

Nobody wants to start it

It is true that everyone is afraid of being the first for something. For me, it takes a lot of gut and courage for one to initiate something first. The fear that no one will back you up or at least, support you until the end. A friend of mine said that girls will never start a conversation first and I have to admit that it is true indeed unless she is somehow different, maybe more socialable and more open minded, I guess. It does not only happens between different genders but it also happens to same gender as well. I have experienced it myself. Maybe you have too. For example, the awkward silence, the absence of eye contact and the exchange of smiles without saying a word. It is like a mutual understanding in between the silence. hahaha..Sometimes, I think no one wants to begin it because they felt like their ego is threaten in a way. Anyhow, I think that it is not wrong to try and see what happens. We will just have to be more approachable to others and that we would not waste their effort for trying. I may say this but then again, I failed to apply it myself in some situation. Like I have said before, I am human too. So, I will want to better myself in all ways. Maybe next time, I should try to be the initiator more often instead. Hmm..this topic is subjective. I have my views and you may have yours. Mine is not always right but I would not say it is entirely wrong either. =P

2 comments:

Monkey De Ace said...

yes,it is hard, to be an initiator.

Pauline said...

i know..haha..XD