Saturday, July 17, 2010

A day with people

Yesterday, I woke up at 6.30am for my Visa interview and I was ready before 7.15am. I tried to woke my dad up to send me to the US embassy but he being his stubborn self only got up around 7.30am and was ready by 7.40am. I was scared that I might be late that I didn't even finish my breakfast. My interview is at 8.20am. Lucky, I reached there about 8.00am and started to que up like everyone else there.

When I got into the security house of the US embassy, I was told to take my handphone and anything metallic out. So, I did but I was not really fast as I was nervous. "Faster, faster! That's why everything went slow because of people like you who didn't prepare all your things before coming in!" the lady security guard screamed at me. I was shocked that she reacted in that manner. She need not screamed at me for something that I didn't want to. I tried to be fast. :S

When I got into the US embassy, I followed a family in front of me and sat in front of them by myself. A few minutes later, I changed my sit to sit next to other people who was alone as well. Then, I saw a friend of mine in Uniten, Chok! We chatted for a while and he told me that he saw another friend of ours in Uniten, Nicholas..hahaha. What a small world!

Our conversation ended when my number was called and I didn't get to meet Nicholas. After registering in the counter, I tried to find for a seat nearby the interview counter and I saw another friend of mine from Uniten and is going to UMich as well, Anita! She looked so happy when she saw me too because we both know that its bored while waiting for our numbers to be called. We even met some of our soon-to-be seniors in UMich. We talked about how things might be like in Michigan and about Uniten's stuffs until Anita's number was called. After Anita went off, the lady who sat next to me started to talk to me. Here goes the conversation:

Lady: So, its your first time going to US? You are going to study there, I suppose?
Me: Yea. How about you?
Lady: Oh, I am going there for my honeymoon. :)
Me: That's nice! Where to?
Lady: I am going to Purto Rico. So, where did you go for school?
Me: Convent Sentul.
Lady: That was my school too. So, where do you live?
Me: Some where nearby Sentul.
Lady: Which part?
Me: Jalan Ipoh if you have heard of it.
Lady: Me too! Where in exact?
Me: Really?! hahahaaha..Kampung Kasipillay.U too?
Lady: Yea. Which road? :)
Me: Lorong Manggis. Yours?
Lady: Jalan Mangga. Is your mum in the line dance group?
Me: (She knows me? lol in my mind) Yea, she is..
Lady: I was there too but I quit because of my knee. You look like your mother. :)
Me: haha..:)

After the interview, my dad picked me up and insisted in stopping by in Wisma Sime Darby to get the medical check up form. So, we did. I called Kak Intan and I managed to get her after calling for the second time. The day got even weirder when I saw my junior in the same restaurant in which I had my lunch..hahaha..XD
I met so many people that day: the people in my secondary school, my sponsor, my uniten friends, UMich people to the people living in my area. There were just too many yesterday..hahaha..:D

2 comments:

Patricia said...

wow..so many coincidences for a day! XD

Pauline said...

yea..haha..XD
more than i hv expected for a day..hahahaha