Wednesday, August 25, 2010

All about the journey

Before I leave for the US, my family, convent girlfriends, and uniten friends were there with me for the last minutes of my time in Malaysia. Everything seemed ok until my convent friends and my sis showed up and gave me something so memorable to me. It was some sort like the diary of my life, all in one - pictures from those primary school moments, secondary school moments, school trips, messages from them to those moments I had in Uniten. When I flipped a few of the cards, my tears started to drip..I was speechless but in the same time, I was so grateful that I actually had this 'diary'. Although I might cry when I look at it in the future, I am sure that those memories were not just memories but they were parts of me once and thanks to all of you, they will be remembered forever. Then after a while, my friends from Uniten came. They gave orange black chocolate to zera and me. My family members were crying and all I want is to leave happily but I guess emotions took over eventually. I did cried after seeing my mum and my sis cried.







Going some where so far away is hard, believe me. Sitting in the aeroplane thinking that anything could happen in between the journey and years. I hated travelling with the aeroplanes, it was never my favorite choice of transportation but I have to go through it and I don't think zera liked it too. After the long journey to our transit in London, all we want was to contact our loved ones. Unfortunately, the phones could not be used to call or send messages. We both thought that the London Heathrow Airport should have wifi, thinking that it might be an option for us to contact with our friends and family but we could not get any internet connection. Then, we saw the machine that provides internet services as long as we pay for it. Since we were desperate, we went for it and got ourselves in facebook for updating our situation. Facebook is not all that bad. It really does connect people and somehow, I was glad to have an account.

When we got our boarding passes in London, we have realized that we had to sit quite far away from one another but lucky us, the guy that was supposed to sit next to me agreed to trade his seat for zera's seat. Thanks, sir! After such long hours of sitting, we have reached Detroit but we got separated during the custom checking part. Lucky, we found each other outside in the arrival waiting seats.

We were greeted with a senior of ours and she drove us to the place where we are going to stay. We got ourselves the apartment but we wanted to get our bank accounts and UMich's ID. So, two seniors accompanied us and one of them guided us to the shopping mall to get our necessities. Thanks a lot! :)
We were really sleepy but I was glad that we have finally reached the apartment safely. After cleaning and unpacking all of my things, I have managed to finish this post. :)

Some pictures of my apartment:





5 comments:

Patricia said...

hey ur place is nice!!! aww.. u actually posted our family picture. anyway take care. hope to hear more from u ;D

Aliff Ahmad said...

Hey, all the best pauline. Sorry didnt come to KLIA to send you and zera. Best of luck, and hoping to see you next year :P btw, i got you and zera a gift that i supposedly give it to you guys at the airport, but anyway i already passed it to akmal :)

Pauline said...

@pat: hey, yea it looks ok la..i got more pics to upload but i am tired..haha.

@aliff: its ok. i shall wait for the gift..hahaha..:P

chan leong said...

Hey nice roomy room. Welcome to US.

Pauline said...

i have to agree that its kinda nice.thanks ya! :)