Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Guilt for lunch

Okay, when it comes to eating, I am the fussy one among my siblings. Yesterday, my mum was on duty and thus, it was all up to my dad to bring us out or pack back lunch for my siblings and I. Bringing us out was just not dad's way of doing things. As usual, he would be packing back lunch for us...and so, the problem begins..hahaha..

My sis decided to call my dad and before calling, she needs to know what do we want to have for lunch. Like the usual us, we will say the same thing over and over again, "You choose la"...To end the choosing thingy going on and to irritate me, my bro said he wanted chicken rice. I think the reason he said that was because he likes chicken and he knows that I, in particular detest chicken rice for lunch..(I have my reasons for that). So, being the stubborn me, I said I wanted hokkien mee for lunch. At the same time, I was hoping that my sis will choose to have hokkien mee over chicken rice because hokkien mee is her favourite but she chose chicken rice! Urrghh!

Then she called my dad and said that she and my brother wanted chicken rice and that I wanted hokkien mee. Minutes after that, I felt a little guilty and I thought I might as well ask my dad to get something that is available nearby the chicken rice stall instead of the hokkien mee. I used my sister's phone to call my dad and told him about getting pan mee as the pan mee stall is located nearby the chicken rice stall. I think there was a miscommunication and my dad just cut off the line..He was pissed already, I guessed..

At about 1pm, he came back with 3 different plastic bags..He was screaming in the car asking one of us to get the lunch and he left right after that..I saw three different kinds of food laying on the table and I felt REALLY BAD..He actually packed one chicken rice, one hokkien mee and one pan mee..My sis was blaming me because my dad thought that my sis wanted the pan mee but in the the actual fact, I have changed my order and I did not clear up the misunderstanding in the phone call..I have certainly created a BIG mess and I felt really GUILTY..Of course, both my bro and sis were blaming me for that non-stop and I was lost of words because it was really my fault..

DAD, I AM SO SO SO SORRY!

Lesson: I will try to choose the type lunch next time and no more troubling others for just a small matter (for example, lunch)..hahaha..

9 comments:

Patricia said...

fussy as usual.. u should have used your own phone or at least say it was you using my phone! i know this sounds mean but i laughed non-stop. LOL XDDDD

Pauline said...

Seriously, I didn't see that coming and I forgot that we sound alike..=.=""

Karen Harban said...

haha..pauline pauline..haha...cn't help laughing..no need to feel guilty,it happens:)

jia jun said...

if you don;t like chicken for lunch, then order chicken rice wihout the chicken. =)

Pauline said...

@karen: hahaha...yea it happens..but this is definiteky one big lesson for me. XD

@jia jun: ermm...eating only rice is not my choice either..hahahaha..:P

Monkey De Ace said...

LOL...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...swt betul.

Pauline said...

@monkey de ace: haha..very funny...=.=!!!

wardatunnuha said...

u forgot u and ur twin do sound alike ?? hahahaha

nice story, xie xie for making us laugh, pauline.haha

Pauline said...

@nuha: no problem..hahaha..XD